Welcome to the Blog Tour for They Turned the World Upside Down by Charles Martin, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: They Turned the World Upside Down Author: Charles Martin Publisher: Thomas Nelson Release Date: January 5, 2021 Genre: Christian Life/Spiritual GrowthIn the aftermath of Jesus’ resurrection, the testimonies of those who had followed him were so bold and so powerful that they turned the world upside down. What would happen if we lived with that same kind of faith today?Walk in the shoes of the disciples, as New York Times bestselling author Charles Martin brings their stories to life with his storyteller’s perspective. In the first century, believer didn’t just mean someone who heard and agreed with Jesus; it meant someone who acted on that belief. And when the outside world saw the faith of these new believers, they declared “they turned the world upside down” (Acts 17:6). That’s the kind of believer Charles Martin wants us to be. The kind who understands that the truth of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection is so powerful, it reshaped history. The kind of believer who lives with that same world-changing faith today. In his second non-fiction work, he uses his talents as a novelist to walk you through the lives of the disciples in the aftermath of the Resurrection and as they spread the message of the Gospel and “turn the world upside down”, leading up to Paul’s ministry in Thessonalica. In his beloved lyrical style, Martin illuminates key moments from Scripture and shares stories from his own life as a disciple. With the same depth, sensitivity, and emotion that have made his novels beloved to millions, Martin will helps you engage with your faith in a new and inspiring way.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
• If He asked you to sacrifice your son, would you? Okay, let me bring it closer to home.
• If He asked you to pray for the sick— someone who was in a coma on life support attached to a ventilator, moments from being “unplugged”— would you?
• If He asked you to cast out a demon, would you?
• If He asked you to pray for a dead person, to bring them back to life, would you? Still too tough? Okay, what if He asked you to:
• Forgive someone who didn’t deserve it— at all. Would you?
• Tell the Muslim with the prayer rug in the cubicle next to you about Him. Would you?
• Risk a relationship with someone you love to tell them that their sin is not righteousness— even though they adamantly and defiantly claim that it is. Would you?
• Go to a friend’s house to pray for their child who is a cutter. Would you?
• Tithe before you pay taxes and your bills when money is already tight. Do you?
According to Jesus, the kingdom of heaven has come to us (Rev.12:10). If you are in Him, then you are in the kingdom. He also tells us that unless we become like a child, we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 18:3). Why is that? “Taken from They Turned the World Upside Down by Charles Martin. Copyright ©2020 by Charles Martin. Used by permission of Nelson Publishing, an imprint of Thomas Nelson. www.thomasnelson.com”
(1) winner will receive a print copy of They Turned the World Upside Down and What If It’s True?!
Full tour schedule linked below. Giveaway began at midnight February 16, 2021 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on February 23, 2021. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
*NOTE: This post contains affiliate links.
If you love Book Reviews, Book Tours, and Giveaways, you’ll want to subscribe to the Lisa’s Reading Newsletter.